Saturday, February 6, 2010

Rag O Rama

I need to preface this post by saying that my single biggest regret from college is not finding out about this place sooner! I had been meaning to go to this thrift/vintage store since last fall, and my boyfriend's visit to Atlanta over winter break gave me a perfect excuse to check it out.

I expected to find a bunch of dirty bins of used clothes, but instead the store was huge and well-organized with labeled racks of dresses, coats, tops, jeans, shoes, etc. I have to admit, pawing through the racks of clothes looking for bargains was a bit of a rush!

Also worth noting, I was a little concerned that the place might be flooded by Atlanta hipsters with their affectations of poverty and eternal search for ironic t-shirts, but I was happy to find that Rag O Rama attracted all types of customers--my dressing room was in between that of one woman with pink hair and tattoo sleeves down her arms and another who looked like she just walked out of the Upper East Side.

After two hours hours of rummaging and trying things on, I walked out of the store with a pair of Nicole Miller stiletto booties, an Ella Moss dress and a BCBG sweater--all for a measly 45 bucks! My boyfriend found a colorful plaid shirt (am I the only one really not into this trend?) and to his delight, a safety green t-shirt with the face of Carlton from the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air printed on the front.

I can tell that this place is going to be my newest guilty pleasure. I'm already planning to go back soon, maybe to snatch that long-sleeved sequin dress with the shoulder pads?

No comments:

Post a Comment