Friday, February 5, 2010

It's about time!

If you've ever thought "It can't be time to leave already...there's still so much I want to do!" then you can understand how I'm feeling as graduation from Emory looms around the corner. Which is why I've decided to cross off all the places on my "i've been meaning to go there" list (yes, I do actually have a list) and share my experiences exploring Atlanta with the rest of the blogging world.

Since moving to Atlanta three and a half years ago, my relationship with the city can best be described as a love/hate affair--I love the restaurants, bars, shops and events Atlanta has to offer but I hate getting to them. If the GPS can't even figure out how to get me where I need to go in Atlanta (more than likely somewhere with a variation of Peachtree in the address), how can I be expected to find it?

But for the next few months, I'm going to suck it up and fight the traffic, impossible parking and missing street signs to make it to all of the places I've always wanted to go. And I'll also post about my favorite places in Atlanta, from pubs to hair salons to boutiques, I'm doing it all!

And a note about the title: As much as it sounds like an eighth grader's attempt at adopting "cool" instant messaging lingo, it's (itz) really just the first three letters of my last name. I solemnly promise never to write "lol" as long as I write this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment