Saturday, April 17, 2010

Yogurberry

When the weather turns warm, it becomes acceptable (at least in my mind) to trade real meals for frozen treats. Since moving to Atlanta four years ago, I've gotten really into the frozen yogurt trend--chances are you'll find me at Yoforia in the Highlands or Yogurt Tap in Decatur during lunch and dinner hours once the temperature hits 70. Recently, my boss introduced me to Yogurberry in Buckhead, which has quickly become my newest go-to froyo destination.

Yogurberry sits on the bottom floor of the Terminus Building at Peachtree and Piedmont, comically dubbed "Atlanta's most prestigious intersection." You would think that sharing a building with such pretenti-oops, prestigious-residences and dining spots would make this some pricy frozen yogurt, but it's actually cheaper than some of the other options at $3.50 for a small cup.

Here's the key to having an unbelievable Yogurberry experience: order the Taro flavor. Trust me. It's so good you don't even need to add toppings. Having never heard of taro before, I did some googling and found out that it's actually a tropical root vegetable chock full of vitamins.We have an ongoing dispute at work over what it tastes like, with opinions ranging from vanilla to fruity to chocolate. I've chalked it up to one of life's delicious mysteries and never turn down an opportunity for another taste test. And at 25 calories an ounce (0g fat and only 4g sugar), it's a healthy and tasty alternative to Bruster's. Or in my case, it makes me feel less guilty about popping into Bruster's every now and then!

3 comments:

  1. waste of time.
    not enough chocolate.
    however, could be good with percy pigs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. yogurberry fan here. love the taro yogurberry w/the brian special. delish!

    their dark chocolate is good when it's available

    Casey, have you tried their chocolate lover combo yet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. chocolate lover, that sounds exactly her speed.

    i'll have to try that too, thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete