Thursday, April 22, 2010

Fritti

Well, it finally hit me that I'm graduating in just a little over two weeks. What caused my, albeit delayed, reaction? Pizza. Good pizza, in fact.

I headed to Inman Park with my friend Sara for dinner at Fritti, a casual but mildly expensive Italian and  pizza place in the U Restaurant group. As I looked at the menu, filled with creative and traditional varieties of "Pizze Napoletane," I remembered that exactly a year ago, I was in the same restaurant, looking at the same menu, drinking the same wine--only instead of an Atlanta suburb, I was in Florence, Italy. Talk about a regression.

While in Florence (and in Venice and Rome, for that matter) my traveling partners and I were, lets just say, trying to spend economically. Ok, we were flat broke after a semester abroad and had to cut some expenses. So, for the majority of our almost two week trip, we ate nothing but gelato and pizza. Seriously. One gelato in the afternoon and one entire pizza for dinner. Thank god for all that walking.

Anyway, sitting in Fritti took me back a year and with happy memories of 2 euro pizzas, I ordered the Vegetariana pizza , which was absolutely delicious. As was the wine--Chianti, 2007, cheapest red on the menu (see, I'm still the same girl from a year ago). I loved the atmosphere on the patio, with such pretty instrumental music coming out of the speakers  that I felt like Sara and I should be singing instead of happily chatting away. I definitely recommend Fritti and if you can, sit outside while the weather's still gorgeous.

Interestingly enough, sitting at Fritti with one of my best friends didn't really make me sad about graduation, but got me excited for life after college. I was reminded of all the incredible places to see and things to do that are waiting for me after escaping this little Emory bubble. Although I'll probably never be able to recreate the carefree laze of jaunting around Italy with no real anxieties, I have no doubt that I can recreate the not being able to afford real food part. Thanks, Fritti.

1 comment:

  1. love love love this post- so well written and now i want to go :)

    ReplyDelete