Sunday, May 16, 2010

Atlanta's Taste of the Nation



On Wednesday, I was incredibly lucky to volunteer at Atlanta's 2010 Taste of the Nation, a benefit event for Share our Strength, an organization dedicated to ending childhood hunger. Along with a live and silent auction, more than 50 of Atlanta's top restaurants housed tasting booths with their best food and wine. So when I say volunteer, I actually mean eat a ton of fantastic food without footing the $250 bill for a ticket. I worked with a well-known Atlanta photographer, who knew absolutely everyone and shot that gem of a picture above of me with Pano Karatassos, the co-chair of the event. Also, Jane Fonda appeared as a distinguished guest and most of my responsibilities consisted of following her around all night (further proof that the celeb gods are shining down on me).

After stopping by most of the tables at least once, I've compiled a Top Five List of Atlanta restaurants that I need to visit. I obviously lied here when I said I was going to stop spending money at great restaurants this summer, who was I kidding?

1.Woodfire Grill - Chef Kevin Gillespie (formerly on Top Chef) just seems so cool

2. Ted's Montana Grill - One word: Milkshake

3. Tuk Tuk Thai Loft

4. Bluepointe - I've already written about this place, but I desperately need to rediscover the chocolate/caramel parfait dessert featured at Taste

5. Spice Market

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh- have you really not been to Ted's yet? They have a banging veggie burger and I'm pretty sure more than one of their burger options has avacado on it. Name the time and place and I'll come with you.

    P.S. I'm excited because this is the first time I've commented on your (probably anyone's) blog. I'm so glad it was veggie burger based.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ted's is so good! I definitely got buffalo instead of a veggie burger though.

    And Spice Market is also delish- try their ginger ale.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited for both of these things! How about you both promise to visit and we'll go to both??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't quote me on this, but I'm 80% sure my friend's uncle owns Teds.

    ReplyDelete